Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Mini Hazelnut Bundt Cakes

I was looking through a baking magazine a while back and I found this one recipe for an almond hazelnut bundt cake and it was just one of those recipes that you have to try. I love baking simple loaf cakes, they simple and easy to make and usually end up delicious. One of my favorites is the lemon loaf cake. It has the wonderful taste of fresh lemons and is perfect for the summer.


After work one day I went for a bit of shopping. I was in the city and I had missed my train and when that happens I usually go and have a look around in the stores...almost always the baking equipment area. I always go to have a look if they have something new, maybe new cake molds or new measuring jugs or spatulas, or just anything. And I always happen to find something. I then found these very neat mini bundt cake molds, which I told myself I have to have. They are really great for making mini cakes. I'll have to go and buy some more. 4 just aren't enough.

The cake is delicious! (my opinion..haven't gotten feedback yet.) It really tastes of hazelnuts. It has that real nutty flavor, even with the addition of the hazelnut syrup, it just adds flavor. You could even use this recipe to make hazelnut cupcakes. This is now my best recipe for nutty cake!





The Recipe:

250 gr butter

325 gr sugar

2 tsp vanilla sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

pinch of salt

6 eggs

300 gr ground hazelnuts

100 gr chopped hazelnuts

3 tsp baking powder

250 gr flour

6 tbsp Hazelnut syrup ( Monin) (optional)

Glaze:

~50 gr white chocolate, melted (for drizzling)

Confectioners sugar (for dusting)

~20 gr sliced, roasted almonds or hazelnuts (for scattering)

Preheat the oven to 165 C.

Beat the butter, sugar, salt, vanilla sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.

In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder and ground and chopped nuts. add the syrup to the egg-mixture and beat till incorporated. add the flour-nut mixture and mix till combined.

Add the mixture into a greased and floured cake tin or mini bundt cake forms.

Bake at 165 C for about 50-60 minutes, until golden brown. Let the cake cool in the form about 10 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool completely. once completely cool dust with icing sugar and drizzle with melted white chocolate.

1 comment:

Julia @Mélanger said...

I do love a hazelnut cake. The taste of baked hazelnuts for some reason is tastier for me than whole, roasted hazelnuts. Not sure why. Anyway, these little bundts are adorable. Yes, I think you need more than 4! I suffer the same fate when shopping. Always find myself in the baking section. Always coming home with something new! LOL.